National Support Sites Specific to Young Widows
- Young Widows and Widowers - A site by YWBB member Lisa Ianucci with information, resources and a monthly newsletter.
- Loss and Found - a site for young widows or widowers based on the book by Kathy & Gary Young.
Regional Young Widow Support Sites
- Young Widows or Widowers of Hampton Roads - Y.W.O.W is a community of younger widows and widowers in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (20s, 30s, 40s, 50s +)
- Seattle Widowed Young Persons' Support Site - The Seattle Widowed Young Persons' Support Site provides information on Grief Support Services in the Seattle Area.
- September Smiles - September Smiles is a central resource for New York-area families facing the unexpected loss of a spouse, offering moral and practical guidance through the issues that arise out of such loss.
- Young Widows and Widowers, Ltd. - Helping younger widowed people in Massachusetts
General Widow Sites (any age)
- WidowNet - a bulletin board for Widows, there is one forum for young widows.
- Widow Source - a site with books providing information on financial and practical matters.
- widows-and-widowers.com - offers free financial and legal advice
Death & Grieving
- About.com - What you need to know about Widows/Widowers
- GriefNet - a site with information and resources for those grieving a loved one
- Good Grief/Shiva Foundation - dealing with grief in a positive, creative way
- Groww.org - a focus on bereavement and healing
Military Related Deaths
- TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) - providing emotional support to those impacted by a death in the armed forces
Support for Children and Teens who lose a parent
- The Dougy Center - The Dougy Center was the first center in the US to provide peer support groups for grieving children. Through our National Center for Grieving Children and Families we also provide support and training locally, nationally and internationally to individuals and organizations seeking to assist children in grief.
- Beyondindigo.com - has a lot of information and sections dedicated to children and teens.
- 4 my emergency - This website was created to give families a FORM to record VITAL PERSONAL INFORMATION for use during and after any kind of catastrophe. Founded by Asha Blake, Host, Life Moments.
© Copyright 2002-2011 by Young Widow - Chapter Two